I know you are surprised hearing that one can start an online business without any products. It is not a new online business idea; it has been existing and has been making people millionaires around the world. Lots of people even practice this kind of business offline but you have not noticed it. Let me…
“SEEING THE crowds, He went up on the mountain; and when He was seated, His disciples came to Him.”
– Matthew 5:1 –
I have read this verse of the Scripture time without number but the kind of revelation I got from it this morning was mind blowing.
In this Bible passage Jesus through His ACTION told us the position we ought to occupy when we see the crowd.
You cannot claim to be the head while you mix yourself up with the crowd. It is no arrogance to work on yourself to the extent that you become positioned at the helm of affairs in your industry. Trust me, if you continue with the crowd, with time you will get lost.
When you discover that your industry is becoming populated with crowd at the plain, it is a divine calling to move up to the mountain. Why? It is at the mountain that the spotlight falls on you. At the mountain, you see and can be seen. When you speak, you can be heard.
Every field of life has its mountain. And those who remain at the valley never amounts to anything. They end up as followers, copycats and always ever learning people and never able to come to full knowledge of the truth.
At the mountain top of your career, not everyone will be privileged to know the principles of your success except those who deserve you and strongly want to learn from you – others end up as fans.
No matter how intelligent you are, until you work yourself up the mountain of your industry or career, most people may never hear nor see you.
They are people whose destinies are connected to you that may never see getting to the industry-mountain as something doable until you do it. None of the disciples of Christ ever thought of moving up to the mountain when they were almost overtaken by the crowd until Jesus set the pace. And today, bear it in mind that they are people whose rising you are delaying when you refuse to move up.
I charge you today to come up to the mountain where you can see and be seen, and you will be glad to you did.
Emenike Emmanuel –
CEO, Emchis Consulting
1. “No full-time job incapable of making you a fortune is worth your full-time attention. Passion without profit will never sustain a business for life. Think! And think again.”
Emenike Emmanuel –
CEO, Emchis Consulting
2. “Don’t ever put yourself in a position where you are forced to use a limited measure of your vision, time, opportunity, skill and talent. Go all the way to connect, synergize and leverage on the most approachable talents around you. You can do much more than you are doing now. Explore the potentials within.”
Emenike Emmanuel –
CEO, Emchis Consulting
3. “God gives us money as a way of sponsoring the vision(s) He gave us and not for fulfilling our selfish desires. So, if you have the moral courage to return to Him for more sponsorship, you must as well show Him how responsible you have been.”
Emenike Emmanuel –
CEO, Emchis Consulting
4. “Sometimes, it is important that we generate passion for something we don’t necessarily like (but are not evil) in order to raise capital to pursue the things we like. Every vision needs capital to work and you can’t on luck or “may be the Lord will” to make it happen unless you want to end your life fantasizing.”
Emenike Emmanuel –
CEO, Emchis Consulting
5. “If the world has become a global village, it then means the Internet is the village square.”
CEO, Emchis Consulting
6. “The best and first friend to start avoiding today is the one who does nothing but show you ways to spend money. You need a friend who can show you veritable opportunities to invest money.”
Emenike Emmanuel –
CEO, Emchis Consulting
7. “It is not only possible you will succeed, it is also necessary.
When you see yourself shouldering the destinies of millions of people all over the world, the capacity and sagacity to stand tall and firm will supernaturally fall on you.
Emenike Emmanuel –
CEO, Emchis Consulting
Most people will not believe in your gifting and divine talent until you give it a voice. 2 years ago, once upon a friend never believed I could amount to anything, so he never considered it an abomination to make jest of me in the public (and even in Church) – calling me different names as he laughed on. He tried his best to discourage me in my writing career. On several occasions he mentioned names of few people that failed, including himself and begged me not waste my time.
Why all these things continued, my Pastor Uzoigwe Samuel Abraham never stopped calling me “Emma Wonder”. That nickname he awarded me suddenly started taking form. I turned out to be a wonder that the world will wonder about like he often prayed for me. It also became a great motivation for me. It made me have great interest for excellence. So when the call to become a Motivational Speaker came I was never in doubt if it was real or not.
Now, I have a working dream, a testimony of God’s faithfulness and will definitely not graduate as a job seeker. He got it all wrong.
Things to note:
1. Discouragement to your dreams won’t come from someone you don’t know.
2. Anyone who discourages you is afraid of you rising higher than him or her.
3. If God said go, don’t ask “why?” Take off first then the “why” will naturally unfold itself to you.
4. Those who undermined you when you took off in the journey to your glorious destiny will be so humbled by every successful move you made. If the person is still your friend on facebook he won’t comment on your achievement.
5. Never never forget to acknowledge those who were of great support to your rising. And always pray for God’s super abundant favour on them.
Finally, let your biggest motivations rise from within as they are inspired by God. Everything anyone else tries to do is an addendum.
– Emenike Emmanuel
CEO, Emchis Consulting and
Editor, Atang Abiriba Events Magazine
Top Reasons Why Starting Your Business Part-Time is Good for You
Are you intending to embark on starting a new business from scratch or expanding your already existing business? Do you want to learn how starting a business part-time can help you avoid the risk of experiencing a fatal business failure? Do you want to know why most successful businesspeople started off first by working part-time? Or you want to know why I recommend that you start your business part-time first? Well, if you answered yes to all those questions, then I advice you read on because this article is specifically written for you.
In my previous post on How to Achieve Success Working Part-Time, I told us how to use the Magic of Part-Time in generating uncommon wealth. I also told you things you need to know about working part-time and if I can remember vividly, I promised to tell you Why I Suggest You Start Part-Time. Today, I have come to fulfill my promise but for clarity, I have titled it, “Top Reasons Why Starting Your Business Part-Time is good for you.” This article is poised to challenge you and of course unveil the secrets hidden for ages why some businesses hardly experience business downturn.
Record shows that 65 percent of Small and Medium scale enterprises close down after 3 years of start up and to a great extent this has being a great pool of headache to me. It was a part of my reasons why I didn’t want to become a successful entrepreneur alone but to help others become successful too. I came to realise that some of the reasons why these small and medium scale businesses went down the drain was because they never cared to test the ground upon which they sheepishly sow all the proceedings of their life. They did what I call ‘uncalculated risk’ and no wonder they crashed so easily. The consequence has to tell on them and no doubt, there’s no way they can outsmart it than start all over again. This is something that was avoidable if they had mastered the Act of Starting Part-Time.
If you want to achieve success early enough in life, I am of the opinion that you start part-time. For instance, you are in school but you wish to go into business after getting your first degree, I suggest you start part-time. If you are working on a full-time job now but wish to become a business owner in future, start part-time. Don’t quit your job too early until you have mastered the world of business to an extent, otherwise you may regret ever being in business. They are countless number of skills you will learn while working part-time. Not only will you learn those entrepreneurship skills, you will also have the liberty of less risk to test run your ideas if it has a market value, a trans-generational standard and lots more.
Notwithstanding all the great articles you see on this blog I am still working on it part-time although my part-time has produced more result than those who have invested all their life in it.
Let me shock you…
Do you know that intelligent hiring companies are more willing to work with part-timers than they are ready to work with full-timers? With part-timers the employers save more money and still get the same result if not more than. This is because part-time workers are more conscious of time than full-time workers can ever be. Each day they have a goal they must meet to earn a pay which they must reach. Recently, in the US, employers are beginning to see into the potential profits in hiring part-time workers as a means of cutting cost by all measures.
Now, do you wish to become a successful entrepreneur? Listen to my instruction and start part-time. I wish to see you at the top. Thank you.
If you think this blog is of great value to you please like it, follow me for other subsequent great post and don’t read this alone. Share it with friends and loved ones on facebook, twitter and google+.
Do you wish to start performing at your
very peak? Do you wish to stir up the giant within you? Then this article is written specifically for you.
1. “When we fill and re-fill up a dream, God fulfills it. God’s part is
not to dream for us but to fulfill our dreams and our own part is to fulfill God’s dream for Him and never to dream for Him.” – Emenike
2. “Whatever the mind of a man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
3. “Two roams diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference.” – Robert Frost
4. “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
5. “Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement.” –
W. Clement Stone
6. “The past is a ghost, the future a dream. All we ever have is now.” – Bill Cosby
7. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my
decisions.” – Stephen Covey
8. “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” – Charles Swindoll
9. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowliness, sail away from safe harbour, catch the trade winds in your
sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” – Mark Twain
10. “Ask and it will be given to you, search, and you will find; knock and the door will be opened for you.” – Jesus Christ
People come into business for different reasons, and there’s no doubt these things affect the way they do business.
The question is, why are you in business? Or what’s driving your passion to come into business?
Most people go into business for the wrong reason and for those reasons some of them make the worst of businesses.
Some of those wrong reasons include;
1. Quest for money
2. Quest for popularity
3. Quest for retaliation and many more.
Outside for the purpose of making impact, I see no other reason for going into business. Business should be for the purpose helping others.
Before I finally take my hands off the keyboard let me ask you again, why are in business?
Donald John Trump is an American business magnet, investor, television personality and author. Donald Trump is the chairman of The Trump
Organisation and the founder of Trump Entertainment Resorts. Today, Donald Trump is considered the most popular real estate entrepreneur in
the United States.
In today’s post, I want to share with you the best of Donald Trump’s quotes that will stir up the entrepreneurial spirit with you. Enjoy it. You can also share with us his quote you like most.
“Anyone who thinks my story is anywhere near over is sadly mistaken.”
“In the end, you’re measured not by how much you undertake but by what you finally accomplish.”
“I don’t make deals for the money. I’ve got enough, much more than I’ll ever need. I do it to do it.”
“What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.”
“Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game.”
“If you’re interested in ‘balancing’ work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead, make your work more pleasurable.”
“Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you’re generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make.”
“If you’re going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big.”
“Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away, and move on to something that’s more productive.”
“Get going. Move forward. Aim high. Plan a takeoff. Don’t just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won’t happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you’ll love it up here.”
Hope these best quotes of Donald Trump has motivated you to take action? Thank you for flying with me. Share this.
I want to specially welcome you my most treasured blog reader to the year 2014. 2014 is a great year of business opportunities for you. Like we have always done,
we have re-inforced momentum to publish life-transforming, trash-free and industry-based articles this year.
In my computer are over 50 unpubished articles which in our plan will be published gradually this year. So, for you to enjoy this articles and many more I am suggesting you bookmark our page, follow this blog and
invite your friends to do same.
Unlike some other bloggers, the ultimate goal for setting up this blog is not to make money but to help you become an Entrepreneur of Distinction. Our aim is to become a blessing to you and your business. If there are questions bothering you about your business and job career
kindly let me know by leaving a comment behind for me and within a period of two weeks I will reply you with an article that will settle your felt needs.
Plans have been put in place to see that we centre on meeting your needs. For you not to miss out on the latest published articles in this blog kindly join.
Stay motivated this year. Stretch yourself, your abilities and your
risk-taking capacities. You may never know how far your strength can go until you have tried. Shoot for the moon, you might land among the stars.
‘Focus’ is one of the best watch-words for the year. Focus on big
dreams, big thoughts and positive confessions. My dream is to see you at the top.
Welcome to 2014!
Any time you’re privileged to see a new day, here are Top 15 Powerful
Motivational Quotes to assist you have a great day.
Top 15 Life-changing Motivational Quotes to Start a New Day
1. “If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done.” – King Solomon
2. “You have to think anyway, so why not think big?” – Donald Trump
3. “Try and fail, but don’t fail to try.” – Stephen Kaggwa
4. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
5. “Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.” – Thomas Jefferson
6. “Don’t find fault, find a remedy.” – Henry Ford
7. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “You can’t learn to swim, exercising on the beach.” – Ronald Cohen
9. “Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
10. “Success comes when preparation meets opportunity.” – Henry Hartman
11. “Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of
imagination.” – Oscar Wilde
12. “Until you discover where you missed it, you can never know where to find it. – Emenike Emmanuel
13. “Formal education will make you a living. Self education will make you a fortune.” – John Rohn
14. “Once you are facing in the right direction, all you need to do is put one foot forward.” – Zen Saying
15. “The tragedy of life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goals to reach.” – Benjamin Mays
These powerful motivational quotes has got the capacity to help you see every new day from a different perspective where it will be demanded of you to make your own awesome contribution.
Tell me, which of these quotes thrilled you most? You can go ahead to Reblog it, share with friends and leave your comments.
The multi-billion dollar oil mogul has the following to say about creating, managing and multiplying wealth. This philosophy of his made him the person he is.
1. “Once you have made it, you will understand that any business is limited in the challenges it offers. You will want and need other games to play, so you will look ffor other ventures to hold your interest.”
2. “Patience; this is the greatest business asset. Wait for the right time to make your moves.”
3. “Build wealth as a by product of your business success. If wealth is your only objective in business, you will probably fail.”
4. “Seek advice on risk from the wealthy who still take risks, not friends who dare nothing more than a football bet.”
5. “You must take risks both with your own money or with borrowed money. Risk taking is essential to business growth.”
6. “To build wealth today, you must be in your own business.”
7. “I have no complex about wealth, I have worked very hard for my money, producing things people need.”
8. “Buy when everyone else is selling and hold when everyone else is buying. This is not merely catchy slogan, it is the very essence of successful investments.”
9. “Money is like manure. You have to spread it aroundd or it smells.”
10. “Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil.”
11. “If you owe the bank $100 that’s your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that’s bank’s problem.”
12. “Going to work for a large company is like getting on a train. Are you going sixty miles an hour and you’re just sitting still.”
13. “If you can count your money, you don’t have a billion dollars.”
14. “To succeed in business, to reach the top, an individual must know all it is possible to know about the business.”
15. “The employer generally gets the employees he deserves.”
16. “No one can possibly achieve any real and lasting success or ‘get rich’ in business by being a conformist.”
17. “In times of rapid change, experiences could be your worst enemy.”
Why is Network Marketing Business the best choice of business to start with for someone who is moving into the world of business for the first time? Why is most of our Millionaire Mentors always recommending us to start with Network Marketing? As one may ask; what’s in it for me? Well, I may not be able digest all the benefits of network marketing in just an article but I have done a great job to make it as concise as possible.
However, I must sincerely apologize for the fact that I won’t be recommending any of the Network Marketing companies to you but you can go ahead to make your research and if their terms and conditions are okay with you, you can ride on with them.
Before I tell you the reason why most Conference Speakers in the area of business recommend network marketing to people who are indicating interest to start up a business for the first time or people who are experiencing business fluctuation, let me give you a brief explanation of what Network Marketing Business is.
Network Marketing is a method of marketing that utilizes independent representatives to reach potential customers that a company otherwise would not reach with traditional online or offline marketing methods. That’s to mean, it cuts across the boundaries of offline and online marketing.
Just like every other businesses, it has its risks and opportunities. Failure to master its simple rules, you are bound to experience slow sales until time catches up with you – making fortune to move away from you. However, I am not saying that to frighten you but to help you get prepared on time because Henry Hartman was right when he said that; “success comes when preparation meets opportunity.”
Benefits of Becoming a Network Marketer
1. Network marketing business offers you a life-changing business education
Network marketing is not one of those forms of formal education that leaves a person as a corporate slave. It has the capacity of teaching you as a starter the fundamental business skills necessary in starting and running great enterprise.
2. Network marketing business teaches you the theory and practice of selling.
With network marketing you can learn the number one business skills in the world which is sales skills at no expensive rate.
3. Network marketing is the best form of business for those who want to move from being Employees and Self-employed into Business owners and Investors.
With all the leadership skills you can acquire as a Network marketer, it will be an insult on your person if you don’t move into the ‘B’ and ‘I’ quadrant.
4. Network marketing business gives you an opportunity to raise capital for the business you wish to start.
With just your mouth, your integrity, locomotive, your website (or just the free blog) etc, you can start earning good money from network marketing. It is one of the best ways to start from scratch if you can get someone who will trust you enough to give you products on credit.
5. In Network marketing business you are developed into becoming a leader who has the capacity to influence others through teaching them by example – helping them fulfill their life’s dreams and aspirations.
6. In Network marketing business people are not there to compete with each other like they do in other forms of businesses.
This is a great advantage to fresh starters which other businesses can’t offer. Since the individuals who are in it are not there for the purpose of competing with each, what do they do should be the question that comes to mind. Actually, from the much I have experienced and still experiencing, in network marketing we inspire excellence in each other by helping everyone as much as we can get to the top.
It is a form of business worth investing one’s time to because the more you try to help others rise, the more you are helping yourself. This is why it is considered as the best kind of business for people who like helping people.
7. Network marketing business most importantly will teach you how to work for wealth instead of working for money.
Having said that, it is not a get-rich-quick business. With Network marketing business you are sure of building enormous wealth at the long-term. So, if your plan is as good as mine to become a billionaire in this life, then you need the training proceeds from network marketing.
To become a good success in this business you must build your financial and emotional intelligence.
Have you ever asked yourself why it is not every Entrepreneur who are successful even in the same field of business. The entrepreneurial skills you possess and how interested you are to become successful is vital in living the life of your role models.
In just few points I will list out skills needed to make an entrepreneur successful. These skills made Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffett, Richard Branson and the rest of them highly successful. If you can outline and master them I can assure you that you can be successful in a shortwhile.
These Entrepreneurial skills of successful are;
1. Sales skills
According to Rich Dad, sales skill is the number one skill for any entrepreneur who wants to be successful. If you possess this skill, you can sell any product to anybody at any price. In case you are enterprising with your talent, learning how to sell it is also pivotal.
2. Communication Skills
There’s absolutely no communication if people don’t understand what you say. As an entrepreneur we are always sending and receiving information. Successful entrepreneurs are good communicators.
3. Personal Skills
Personal skills are the individual abilities every entrepreneur must possess in order to be successful. Most times we see it expressed as habits or character. Some of the foremost personal skills are reputation, honesty, confidence etc. Warren Buffett said; “it takes 20years to build a reputation and only five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that you will do things differently.”
4. Leadership skills
To become a successful entrepreneur, you must possess the trait of a leader. A leader knows the way, leads the way and follows the way.
5. Self Motivation Skills
An entrepreneur whose aim is success is not only motivated by outward activities but mostly by inward inspiration. Successful entrepreneurs talk themselves to the top. If you can’t talk yourself up you can’t make it as an Entrepreneur.
6. Negotiation skills
You can read up details at Entrepreneur’s Guide to Contract.
Overcoming business failure is easier today than it use to be in the past. Since they are men who rose from failure to success in business around us is an indication that you too can make it.
1. “If you listen to your fears, you will die never knowing what a great person you might have been.” – Robert H. Schuller
2. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale
3. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Michael Jordan
4. “Take a risk to start a new business even if you are still working part-time.” – Emenike Emmanuel
5. “The greatest failure in life is to stop trying.” – Napoleon Hill
6. “To avoid failure is to limit accomplishment.” – Will Rogers
7. “All my successes have been built on my failures.” – Disrael Benjamin
8. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
9. “Failure is not a resting place. It is an opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
10. “A failure establishes only this: that our determination to succeed was not strong enough.” – Bovee
11. “I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
12. “Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things.” – Louis Boone
13. “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavour.” – Truman Capate
14. “Failure can either be a stepping stone to success or a stumbling stone to defeat.” – Ron Holland
15. “If you are not failing, you are not growing.” – H. Stanley Judd
16. “Sheer persistence is difference between success and failure.” – Donald Trump
17. “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam.” – Winston Churchill
18. “Just build things and find out if they work.” – Ben Silbermann
19. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
20. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and falling over.” – Richard Branson
“Don’t play games you don’t understand even if you see lots of other people making money from them.”
– Tony Hsieh, Zappos CEO
What’s your motive for seeking for a paid job? Do you really know what’s involved in it?
Before you seek for a paid job here are 10 Things You Must Know.
1. Discover your life purpose
Any job that can’t help you fulfill your life purpose is the wrong job not withstanding how much that job makes for you. Don’t waste your time doing the wrong job, discover your life purpose before you seek for paid job.
2. Your skill is what is required
Don’t economise it. Use it. That’s what you will be paid for. More skills means more opportunity.
3. You might be working with an idiot as a Boss
Sorry to use that word ‘Idiot’. But some Bosses are just like that, and if you are seeking for a paid job know it.
“Be nice to Nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one.”
– Bill Gates
Make room to accommodate his so-called foolish ideas.
4. Your Boss is always right
Take it that way. Your Boss’s command is the last order. He’s to lead while you’re to follow.
5. You don’t have total control of how you manage your time
It is your employer who draws the schedule of when you resume work for the day and when you close. He has better control of your time.
If you aren’t yet prepared to entrust your time to another person don’t bother seeking for paid job.
6. You might get fired one day
No job offers security more than the ones you created. As long as you are not the owner, prepare your mind that you might get fired one day. That will help you create numerous streams of income.
7. Focus on the experience you will get
Be centred on the experience you will acquire not the money that comes with it.
8. You can never become richer than your Boss
Paid job can’t make you extremely wealthy. But starting your own corporation will. So, don’t go competing with your boss, you won’t win.
9. It is an opportunity to network with others
Best of networking is made in the work place.
10. Creating your own job would be easier, faster and more profitting in the long run than the paid job
In my previous article I told us that the inability of business founders to raise leaders who will take over their office when they are no more is one among the numerous reasons why businesses owned by Africans hardly survive after its first generation is gone. However, this is not just a problem of Africa alone but a challenge facing the global community.
In a discussion Manny A., the Lean Manager at Coty Manufacturing (Ashford) had with an Asian man, the Asian said the problem with Africans is that they love meat too much. Isn’t that funny? He said; “you love to kill the cow and eat every part of it but in India, instead of killing the cow we look after it and enjoy the milk.”
The problem with some first generation business owners in Africa is that they spend so much time amassing wealth for their offspring without spending ample time to teach them how the business is ran only for them to grow up and sell off the investments.
Getting Involved in a Wrong Choice of Business That Has No Futuristic VALUE
Yea, that’s it! Whether a business will survive or not is dependent on the kind of value exchanged in running the business. Value-based businesses are known to attract Customers’ interest without any sentiment of whether the founder is dead or alive.
Some of these businesses some Africans get involved in are stuffs the future generation will be ashame to identify with. One of the ways you can know if what you are doing today can survive after you are gone is to see into the business in the next 20 or 30 years to come. Will the Technology and lifestyle then still accomodate your kind of business? Will any form of innovation help you earn better income? If your answer is yes! Then you’re already in the right frame of business.
95% of the most successful business people in Africa today are people who are operating in the first generation of their business. That’s to mean these people are the founders.
People who were considered to be wealthy many years ago have lost their names in the list of the world’s Billionaires. Why is this happening to Africans? Why do Business owners in Africa find it difficult taking their businesses beyond the first generation? And why do most businesses fail in the first 5 or 6 years of starting? These and more are what I will be sharing with us in today’s article.
Whether you are an African or not, this is a challenge facing us all. The Human resource of Africa must be developed to match with the available Natural resource for the benefit of us ALL.
My intention for writing this article is for the problem not to repeat itself after my generation is gone. Take a look at Ford Motors, Procter and Gamble and so many other companies that are still waxing strong after the founders are gone. Can’t we replicate that in Africa? Yes! We can.
These are some of the reasons from what we observed why businesses don’t go beyond the first generation;
Refusal to Raise Leaders
In every facet of life it takes leaders to make things happen. An effective leadership is the one with the potential to make every follower a leader.
These first generation business owners hardly think of delegating responsibilities, they are self-centred and always full of insecurities.
The decision to quit a job is something wise people don’t make in a hurry. They are always careful to know if the time to do that is ripe or not. Some of my friends who wouldn’t want to make a regrettable mistake have asked me severally, is it time to quit this job? How do I know when the time is come? I just hope they will visit to read this article.
Like I said earlier, the decision to quit a job is a hard one and I’ve always adviced that anyone who wants to do that must know how to do it and when to do it. To know if it is time to quit a job these are few things you must observe or consider;
1. Is the ovation high?
The best time to quit a job is when the ovation high. Yes! That might be quite difficult to believe but it is true.
Leaving a job when your flag is still flying is the best choice to make. It is at this point that your reputation and professional image is still clean and deciding to leave at such time endorses you a hero.
So, is the ovation high? Then it is time to quit.
2. Is your job no longer aligning with your long-term goals?
Do you have a goal, a dream and a workable vision? Do you wish to share platform of greatness with men such as Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Richard Branson, Martin Luther King Jr e.t.c.? Then you must focus on your long-term goals while you engage in any job.
Your long-term goal is the person you wish to become in the future. In a situation your current job no longer aligns with it, it is an indication to show that it is time to quit the job.
3. Are you still self-motivated?
No one can talk you up as much as you can do to yourself. That’s to mean, if you continue to wait for your Boss to motivate you you might wait till eternity.
Being self-motivated helps you avoid being pressured into action. When you lack it, you’ve lacked passion which ought to be the driving force of great accomplishment. Are you lacking self motivation in your job? It is an indication that the time to quit the job has come.
Hi friends! Are you considering running ads on your Blog, your ezines/Newsletters or ebooks and you don’t know how best to communicate the idea to your friends? Just hook with me here let me show you my simple secret. Since I’ve not started running ads on this blog, I utilize the EBOOK platform to ensure I’m still in the league of those who maximize profit using the internet. I’ve written several ebooks ranging from inspirationals to business related books and you know what? These are free ebooks – already paid for by those who place advert on it. In case you want to advertise your products in the free ebooks kindly let me know via: firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a mail on facebook via: http://www.fb.com/emenike.emmanuel1 so that you can get the details. That’s aside! Back to what I want to share with you. Put it this way: Hi (insert friend’s name)! I have finally decided to start running a limited number of ads on my blog. I thought of it during my planning that your product would be a perfect fit.
But you know what? Honestly I don’t know if it will be beneficial to you or not. Therefore I’m of this opinion. How about we run an ad for 30 days and then assess the outcomes? If it generates traffic for you you can decide if you want to continue on a paid basis – if not, there’s no problem. We will pull the ad and still remain the friends we are. What do you think?
[insert your name].
Note: Before you go ahead to negotiate, make sure you’ve studied Entrepreneur’s Guide to Contract Negotiation in my previous release.
I want to share with you 45 Most Powerful Quotes that will transform your life an Entrepreneur. Leave your comments.
1. “Your reputation is more important than your paycheck, and your integrity is worth more than your career.” ~ Ryan Freitas
2. “The fastest way to build a successful business from scratch is to fail fast.”
~ Ajaero Tony Martins
3. “To build a business from scratch you need to avoid distractions, focus on execution instead of too many discussions.”
~ Emenike Emmanuel (msp)
4. “Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.”
~ Anthony Volodkin
5. “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.”
~ Tony Hsieh
6. “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.”
~ Thomas Edison
7. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great, work is to love what you do.”
~ Steve Jobs
8. “It is not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.”
~ Scott Belsky
9. “Get five or six of your smartest friends in a room and ask them to rate your idea.”
~ Mark Pincus
10. “The harder you work, the luckier you get.”
~ Mike Adenuga
11. “You must have vision and not just a vision but you must have a plan that would make you fulfill that vision.”
~ Aliko Dangote
12. “If there’s something you want to build, but the tech isn’t there yet, just find the closest possible way to make it happen.”
~ Dennis Crowley
13. “Nothing works better than just improving your product.”
~ Joel Spolsky
14. “Get big quietly, so you don’t tip off potential competitors.”
~ Chris Dixon
15. “Entrepreneur is someone who has a vision for something and wants to create.”
~ David Karp
16. “Best startups generally come from somebody needing to scratch an itch.”
~ Michael Arrington
17. “Innovation is the specific instrument of entrepreneurship. The act that endows resources with a capacity to create wealth.”
~ Peter Drucker
18. “The last 10% it takes to launch something takes as much energy as the first 90%.”
~ Rob Kalin
19. “We were young, but we had good advice and good ideas and lots of enthusiams.”
~ Bill Gates
20. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”
~ Tony Robbins
21. “Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”
~ Raph Waldo Emerson
22. “Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.”
~ Guy Kawasaki
23. “Stay self-funded as long as possible.”
~ Garrett Camp
24. “Anything that is measured and watched, improves.”
~ Bob Parsons
25. “As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, think big.”
~ Donald Trump
26. “All humans are entrepreneurs not because they should start companies but because the will to create is encoded in human DNA.”
~ Reid Hoffman
27. “Fortunes are built during the down market and collected in the up market.”
~ Jason Calacanis
28. “The secret to successful hiring is this; look for the people who want to change the world.”
~ Marc Benioff
29. “It is more effective to do something valuable than to hope a logo or name will say it for you.”
~ Jason Cohen
30. “Don’t worry about funding if you don’t need it. Today it’s cheaper to start a business than ever.”
~ Noah Everett
31. “Ideas are commodity. Execution of them is not.”
~ Michael Dell
32. “You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.”
~ Larry Page
33. “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t – you are right.”
~ Henry Ford
34. “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.”
~ Reid Hoffman
35. “Always deliver more than expected.”
~ Larry Page
36. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and falling over.”
~ Richard Branson
37. “Just build things and find out if they work.”
~ Ben Silbermann
38. “So often people are working hard at the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard.”
~ Caterina Fake
39. “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.”
~ Steve Jobs
40. “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.”
~ Mark Zuckerberg
41. “Get a mentor in the applicable field if you’re at all unsure of what you are looking for.”
~ Kyle Bragger
42. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
~ Bill Gates
43. “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.”
~ Josh James
44. “If you ask me whether the future is brighter than today, I would say yes, but the people must be ready to pay for services and pay their taxes.”
~ Aliko Dangote
45. “People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems.”
~ James Dillehay
This topic should be considered an urgency – a must-read. People who never thought of losing their jobs have lost it long ago. And the question is; why is it so? What are the things your Boss would want you do to become more productive at work? Remember, he might not be telling you what he wants but it is your responsibility to find out.
Having learnt some things Bosses want from their employees, I would like to use this opportunity to get them across to you so that it can help you climb faster in your corporate ladder.
This is just a continuation of our previous topic on 6 Things Every Boss Wants From an Employee.
4. Be Fast
Do you know we are now in the Jet age, the computer age and the age of speed. Some of my friends call it the ‘fast food’ age! Managers and company owners want things done fast, and customers in the same vein are no different.
If you are an Employee who have understood the difference between perfection and completion, you will agree with me that this fourth point is relative. Some Bosses want the job completed in a shortwhile even if it wasn’t perfectly done while others will better have you slowdown your speed than to have an imperfect result. Knowing the kind of Boss you have will serve you better in this.
Do you want to be endeared to your Boss? Then develop good speed in getting jobs done.
5. Be Self-motivated
One of the responsibilities of Bosses is to keep their employees motivated both in words and in action, but what of in a situation where your Boss don’t live up to that responsibility again? What happens? Will you now quit your job or query him? I think all that won’t be necessary. So, you’ve got to design another means of staying motivated otherwise you are on the verge of being fired!
Now, what are the means you can possibly stay afloat and motivated without sinking in pity? See a few of them I’ve outlined below:
(a). See your job as a training platform
(b). Read motivational books and inspiring biographies to get a kick in the butt
(c). Mingle with motivated friends
(d). Try being faultless and many more
If your Boss gets to discover you are so motivated, he will without questioning assume you will be imparting same kind of life to other members of the staff. He sees you as one adding more value than paid for.
Staying motivated also entails developing a positive mental attitude.
6. Respect the Organisation’s Organogram
Every organisation has an organogram and it is believed that anyone who tries to act against it is expressing disrespect for the management. Your Boss wouldn’t want you to be seen as an indisciplined staff. Even if it is at the detriment of your happiness do it as long as you still love the job.
Is this article interesting? Share it with friends and well-wishers.
Are you an Employee who have tried his best to please his employer but every attempt of yours irritate him. Or you know of a friend, a colleague or one of your family members who have tried in several occasions to please their Employer but they every effort was futile – then you’ve got to recommend them to this article or teach them the principles I’m about to share with you here.
Some years back while I was working with my employer I learnt this 6-Things Every Boss Wants From an Employee. They may never include it in your Job Responsibilities but that’s part of the things they will be requiring from you and if you fail at that, you might soon be fired.
So, what are these things? Let’s take it one step at a time.
1. Know the job
Nothing irritates a Manager like an employee who does not know the job. Knowing the job and its ethics is one of the best things an employee can do for himself in order to go higher in his career ladder.
Employees who know the job represent their company’s brand perfectly, and this has often times endeared them to their employers.
2. Be smart
“Whatever you do in life surround yourself with smart people who will argue with you.”
~ John Wooden
Real Managers do not want a ‘wheel barrow’ for an employee. They want someone who has got some technical skills to argue issues in a way it will bring more profit to the organisation. If they had wanted a ‘wheel barrow’ kind of employee I guess they can afford a Robot to act in such person’s place.
A smart person is not the kind who does not make mistake. Of course your Boss is not expecting you to be perfect.
“A smart man makes mistake, learns from it, and never makes that mistake again.”
~ Roy H. Williams
Do you wish to win the heart of your boss? Just be smart in character, in action and in the way you dress.
3. Work as if you don’t need the money
I’ve discovered by experience that employees who show great interest in how much they are paid instead of what the organisation needs to grow are the ones who get easily fired. Why? Because they are working for money instead of their love for the job.
I summarized this in my previous article – How Thinking Money Makes You Poor (try and read it).
No Boss wants to have a Parasite in his team of workers or be considered a ‘host’ where everyone comes to suck when they are in need. There’s this energy seen at work in employees who are working because of their love for the job.
It is one of the things employers consider before hiring or firing an employee.
So far so good we’ve remained systematic in our approach in this Part 1 of 6 Things Every Boss Wants an Employee and I promise you Part 2 will be Wow! Don’t miss a bit of it – follow us.
Do you consider this article interesting? Leave your comments and share with friends.