Why 2014 is Considered the Year of The Entrepreneurs
2014 has been globally considered by Experts and successful entrepreneurs around the world as the year of the entrepreneurs. This, as I discovered was because of the great number of successful entrepreneurs who are springing off from all works of life. When I conducted my research about entrepreneurs and the business world I came to realise few points that made this year 2014 to be considered the year of the Entrepreneurs by experts. These things are;
1. 2013 produced 138 women as billionaires but 2014 produced 172 billionaires, indicating that 42 women joined the club of billionaires in 2014.
2. In 2013 we had an aggregate net worth of the billionaires to be $5.4 trillion but in 2014 we had an aggregate net worth of billionaires to be $6.4 trillion, indicating an increase of $1 trillion.
3. 2014 has recorded 268 new entrants of billionaires which includes the two gorgeous guys of WhatsApp, Jan Koum and Brian Acton I wrote about in my previous post titled; 5 Lessons I Learnt From the Transaction Between Facebook and WhatsApp.
4. In 2014 Sheldon Adelson joined the top ten billionaires in the world for the first time after adding $11.5 billion to his previous net worth.
5. In 2014 Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook Inc. jumped from $15.2 billion of net worth to $28.5 billion.
6. For the first time in history our own Aliko Dangote, founder of Dangote Group, a man I respect and hold with high esteem so much joined the Top 25 billionaires in the world.
7. And finally, for the first time in history Algeria, Luthuania, Tanzania and Uganda produced her billionaires in dollar. Of a truth, there’s no doubt that the year 2014 so far has really being a blessing to entrepreneurs.