Challenges of Joining a Network Marketing Business in Nigeria
On several occasions I have written articles relating to Network Marketing business on this blog, ranging from the Lessons I Learnt from Robert T. Kiyosaki about Network Marketing, Top 7 Reasons Why You Must Begin With a Network Marketing Business and previously, How to Start Your Own Network Marketing Company That Will Fetch You Millions in a short while if you persevere using myself as a case study but today, I want to show you the other side of the coin so that you won’t be making a blind decision next time you want to go into Network marketing business.
By opening up these challenges about joining a Network Marketing Business in Nigeria I am not in any way trying to frighten you after all I run one of it, but like I said, I am showing you another side of the coin. Just like every other businesses operated in Nigeria, they have their challenges, therefore Network Marketing won’t be an exception. Anyone trying to tell you that there’s no challenge in running a successful network marketing business will either be lying to you or he or she knows nothing about Network Marketing Business.
These challenges are not only felt by Nigerians alone but every other country around the world where Network marketing business is operational.
The inspiration to write this article came after I recalled how I was brainwashed by my Branch Manager in 2008 to invest my two months salaries in Network marketing business, precisely GNLD. What he never told me was that I was going to face any challenge. In fact, he painted it so well that I thought in the next 5 years which is now, that I was going to be counting in multiples of millions. Little did I know he soft-pedaled on the challenges of joining a Network Marketing Business in Nigeria. Today, I no longer blame either GNLD or my Branch Manager for all my losses but my concern is on those who wants to join a Network marketing company but are not ready to commit to making researches on the challenges they may likely face.
Bill Gates said; “it is fine to celebrate success but it is
more important to heed the lessons of failure.”
Although I have my own Network Marketing Company which by God’s grace currently employs some graduates and undergraduates, yet I will never fail to tell you the challenges of being in the business. But all the same, that’s one of those risks we must face and conquer. Victor Kiam said; “Entrepreneurs are risk takers, willing to roll the dice with their money or reputation on the line in support of an idea or enterprise.”
Without much delay again, let me quickly show you some of those challenges you will likely face when you join a Network Marketing Business in Nigeria. Be reminded that this could be relative – in that case, what the person sitting next to you considered a challenge might not be a challenge to you. For instance; shyness is a challenge to some people but not to others. Reason, because our individual make-ups or what we call temperaments are not the same.
As a way of helping any of your friends who you think is facing hell in his or her Network marketing business, share this post with them and recommend this blog to them so that they will join. My next article on Network Marketing will come as a solution on How to Handle Network Marketing Challenges.
5 Challenges of Joining a Network Marketing Company in Nigeria and Other Countries Alike
Below are some of the challenges you will encounter in Network Marketing Business;
1. To make more money out of the business you must buy in bulk. And unfortunately not everyone’s financial strength can afford that so the person will either quit out of frustration or cripple all through the years of being in the business. But there’s a solution to that.
2. The stress of finding customers offline is there to hit you as Nigeria do a little bit of online selling. Few people who will wish to go online to sell are afraid of scam. So, you must go from house-to-house, door-to-door, city-to-city and from Church-to-Church in order to make sales. And on each occasion, you will talk and talk and talk before you can convince a prospect to buy. But there’s a solution.
3. You will have to collect money from customers by yourself with all the risks of carrying paper cash around. In a situation they gave you money to buy up some products for them in advance, they may not even trust you enough. But there’s a solution
4. Sometimes in other to make sales you will be forced even against your decisions to sell on credit. When this happens you run into the associated problem of not getting paid on time or maybe not being paid at all.
5. The number of distributors who finally make it in a Network Marketing Business is very small compared to the tons of others who quit out of frustration or just become bench warmers at the various meetings of their company.
However, whatever the challenge may be you can still make it. It might look stupid being in a Network Marketing Business at its recession period but don’t give up. Determine to be in the small group of those who became successful. Warren Buffett said; “Look at market fluctuation as your friend rather than your enemy, profit from folly rather than participate in it.”
If you try hard enough, you will come out victorious.
Let me know what you think about this article in the comment box and don’t forget to share it with friends on Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Thanks.